Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

NOW I'm pissed

Okay. Now I'm pissed. Jamie Dornan (playing the part of Christian Grey) apparently went to a dungeon and was quite underwhelmed by the experience. Okay. I can live with that. What pissed me off is that he said: Still, the evening was "interesting," Dornan said. "Then going back to my wife and newborn baby afterwards… I had a long shower before touching either of them."
Seriously?? Not that washing your hands and showering isn't a good idea - I mean it is the cold and flu season after all - but the implication that visiting a BDSM dungeon somehow makes him too dirty to touch his wife is horribly offensive. 

He also states - and I paraphrase - that when he played the parts of a serial killer he learned to tie some knots and that this knowledge came in handy for making the Fifty Shades movie.  Here, I quote:  "I've put them to good use far too many times recently. In fact I'd like to do a job where I don't have to tie women to beds."  This statement seems to equate BDSM with serial killing. Now I'm not only pissed but highly, highly offended as a writer of BDSM. BDSM is a freakin' CHOICE, Jamie! It is entered into freely by the adults involved. It is a relationship based on trust and respect and love and commonality of interests and pleasure. I have lost family members to the crime of murder. TRUST ME. If you see any similarities between the two, you are insane, obtuse and close minded.

Perhaps the least offensive (but still aggravating) statement he makes is: "I saw a dominant with one of his two submissives. I was like: 'Come on guys, I know I'm not paying for this, but I am expecting a show.'"  Really? You expected a fucking show? (pun intended)  People go to clubs not to put a show for you, but rather to enjoy themselves and engage in their lifestyle choice in a welcoming, non-judgmental environment. I mean, would a person go to a gay bar and expect the patrons to put on a show for you? No. A person would go there to enjoy him or herself or to observe behavior (if doing research).
Personally, I didn't care for the book and had no intention of going to see the movie. Now I make a concerted effort NOT to see any films Jamie Dornan is associated with.
Just my opinion.

No comments: