Pages

Monday, November 2, 2015

Monday Night Release


I truly hate Mondays. I'm a stay at home mom who loves having a houseful of kids, noise and rukus. On Mondays, though, everyone is gone and I'm left in a quiet house. Oh, I have my chores to complete, which is the only thing that keeps me off the couch! I decide on the week's meals, do the shopping, clean the bathrooms and kitchen. By then, it's time to start on dinner for the family - Husband and the four kids. Everyone helps clean up and then it's time for homework. Once the kids are in their beds (second floor) Husband and I go to our room (basement floor). Once there, if I have completed my Monday chores to both of our satisfactions, I am rewarded. Truly, THIS is what keeps my depression at bay. THIS is why I stay off the couch and keep the television turned off. THIS is what assures me that I'll make it through four more days of quietness.

This is my Monday Night Release.

spanking2

1 comment:

Blondie said...

That is a great way to make sure you get your work done. I would sometimes just not completely finish my list just to get the spanking and the release. I close my bedroom door on days that I am home and things are too quiet so I don't go back to bed. Life for a stay at home mom certainly changes when the kids are all in school. Rather quiet, though still busy.